Festigraff is a festival of artistic experimentation - an exhibition of paintings, graffiti and pictures, as well as workshops and lectures. It seeks to strengthen the capacity of African graffiti, and bring them through exchanges with artists from around the world, a reflection on media and alternatives, techniques specific to an “African School” graffiti.
This event, initiated by Docta and structured by Doxandem Squad, will bring together street artists from around the globe. The 2013 edition of the festival brought twenty graffiti artists from around the world, including France, Switzerland, Canada, Brazil, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, and Tunisia. This year, 35 artists have been invited, including JayOne from France & Kasi and Falko from South Africa.
Festigraff 2014 Program:
- Exhibition from 12 to 19 April - Gallery Le Manège, opening Friday April 11 at 7pm.
- Exhibition of photographs at the Goethe Institut from April 17 to May 8, opening Friday April 17 at 11am.
- Breakfast EUNIC Senegal: “Graffiti and urban space: a particularly tolerant legislation in Senegal” - Thursday April 17 at 11am, Goethe Institute. Confirmation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graffiti artist live performances, courses and workshops - Biscuiterie de Medina, Saturday 12 April to Tuesday 15 April, Parade Street.
- Senegalese wear and customization of vehicles (airbrush and stencils) - Saturday April 12 at 8pm, Biscuiterie de Medina Concert.
- Festigraff: “Urban Griot Battle, Matador & guest” - French Institute, Friday April 18 at 8pm.
- Free night of the graffiti (closing night) - Hotel Sobhy, Saturday April 20 at 8pm.
For more information: 77 718 16 99 / email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org