A short video documenting the recent street art/paste-up project, Paste, which took place in Cape Town, curated by Shani Judes of SJ ARTISTS and Between 10and5.
18 local artists were selected for the exhibition, stepping out of the gallery space and into the inner city streets of Cape Town and the nearby township of Khayelitsha. Artworks were brought directly to the people, beautifying the streets and creating inspiration.
This is the first time a project like this has happened in South Africa and it looks like it was a big success. The curators are looking forward to having more street art exhibitions like this in other cities, and they would appreciate any support for future projects.
Artists that took part in the first Paste project, Khayelitsha Culture:
- Simon Berndt (One Horse Town)
- Cassandra Leigh
- Lauren Fowler
- Wesley Van Eeden
- Jonx Pillemer
- Russel Goodman
- Linsey Levendall
- Swain Hoogervorst and Paul Ward
- Miné Jonker and Clinton Campbell (Studio Muti)
- Ello and Black Koki (Love and Hate Studio)
- Julia Merrett
- Claire Homewood
- Fuzzy Slippers (Mafuta Ink)
- Donna Solovei
- Yuma Yoshimura (visiting artist from Tokyo, Japan)